RE: FYI: Regex paper for UTC

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2007 - 03:37:06 CDT

    Hans Aberg wrote:
    > > Note: my engine does not look first for the longest match.
    >
    > So the there should some oether match in the language.

    I said "does not look ***first****". This means that the longest matches are
    ALSO returned, but AFTER the shorter matches in a sequence of matches (the
    sequence is then filtered either by compiling hints for the final recursion,
    or explicitly by custom checks that are also used for checking partial
    matches without requiring any backward fallback).
    So this does not prevent getting only the longest matches, because they ARE
    returned, but with a lower priority (that's what I meant by speaking about
    the expected ordering of matches when there are many).