Re: Combining marks with two letters

From: Karl Pentzlin (karl-pentzlin@acssoft.de)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 10:29:36 CST

    Am Dienstag, 12. Februar 2008 um 14:22 schrieb "André Szabolcs Szelp":

    ASS> ... However, there is at least one orthography which places a
    ASS> "simple" diacritic centered on a digraph (*without* an additional
    ASS> double-width diacritic). In a phonetic alphabet widely used in
    ASS> Hungarian Studies there is a letter "CS WITH ACUTE" (similarly
    ASS> some other digraphs: zs with acute accent ...

    Thus, we need a COMBINING DOUBLE INVISIBLE DIACRITIC ("CDID", with
    semantics like U+0361 COMBINING DOUBLE INVERTED BREVE), to stack the
    acute on it (according to the mechanism described in the printed
    edition of TUS 5.0, p. 255/256) ...

    More seriously, a special character like a COMBINING BASE JOINER
    which has about the semantics of the sequence "CDID" + CGJ would do it.

    Would such a thing be a candidate for encoding?

    - Karl Pentzlin