Mapping of Katakana to IBM GCGIDs

From: Doug Ewell (doug@ewellic.org)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2008 - 18:49:38 CST

    I have a question for an IBM character-set guru, concerning the mapping
    of Katakana characters to GCGID values, and specifically why they were
    mapped to the halfwidth compatibility characters at U+FFxx while
    Hiragana was mapped to the "real" characters at U+30xx.

    The reason I care is that I'm trying to take the large collection of
    code page mappings at
    http://www-01.ibm.com/software/globalization/cp/cp_cpgid.jsp, which are
    expressed in GCGIDs, and map them to Unicode code points instead.

    Please reply offline unless you think list members at large may be
    interested.

    http://www.ewellic.org