Re: Why people still want to encode precomposed letters

From: Andrew Cunningham (lang.support@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2008 - 22:20:15 CST

    Doug,

    I stand corrected. Should have thought through my response first.

    I tend to forget about daisy chaining deadkeys for Vietnamese or use of
    deadkeys at all since they only work for some languages, not others (based
    on existence of precomposed forms, etc) and form the point of view of a
    user's undertsanding of their langauge, and their expectations of a
    language, deadkeys can be anti-intuitive and undesireable.

    Sorry.