VS: Why people still want to encode precomposed letters

From: Erkki I. Kolehmainen (eik@iki.fi)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2008 - 13:00:43 CST

    In my understanding, named sequences are highly suitable for use in e.g.
    requests for proposals, where they can be listed as having to be
    appropriately rendered as a precondition for procurement. The sequences
    themselves don't contain sufficient guidance for font manufacturers, but
    anybody interested in bidding will find out more.

    Regards

    Erkki I. Kolehmainen

    Tilkankatu 12 A 3, FI-00300 Helsinki, Finland

    Puh. (09) 4368 2643, 0400 825 943; Tel. +358 9 4368 2643, +358 400 825 943