Re: Why people still want to encode precomposed letters

From: John H. Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2008 - 11:06:52 CST

    Oh, I'm not so sure. There's a history of recommendations from all
    the companies involved in TrueType and Sons as to what would be a good
    idea to include in a font. I for one would like to see my company's
    fonts and rendering engines provide proper support for all the
    combining sequences people actually want/need to use.

    In any event, if we're *not* going to add it to Unicode's named
    sequences, we really need to put it somewhere, and I don't see anybody
    stepping up to the plate with any alternatives.

    On Nov 22, 2008, at 8:35 PM, Peter Constable wrote:

    > Eh? Putting stuff like that into either the OT or AAT *spec* seems
    > like a terrible idea: it has nothing whatsoever to do with those
    > font formats, per se.
    >

    > Peter

    =====
    John H. Jenkins