Re: Emoji: Public Review December 2008

From: Joó Ádám (ceriak@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2008 - 05:27:26 CST

> The only reason that message made it to the public e-mail forum, archive,
> etc. is that we were talking about emoji, and someone asked for a sample.
> Are there many known cases of emoji in publicly archived messages? Again,
> some evidence would be nice, instead of "the symbols exist, therefore tons
> of people are using them."

Moreover, if those vendors are concerned about this, why don't they
simply filter them out whenever a message leaves their network. They
could tell their users that they shouldn't use these symbols in
communication with outsiders. Actually, they could use a fallback
string, which is inserted in place of the emoji, such as :potato:

Regards,
Ádám