Re: Aramaic revival

From: Mark E. Shoulson (mark@kli.org)
Date: Tue Apr 14 2009 - 10:00:34 CDT

    Raymond Mercier wrote:

    > Perhaps it is VERY modern:
    >
    > http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Aramaic
    > http://www.archaeology.org/0301/newsbriefs/ossuary.html
    >
    > I wonder if Michael (and the editor of the Guardian) have not been led
    > along somewhat .....
    Yes, I recognized the falsified ossuary at once. On the other hand, the
    caption only said that the inscription was in the language, not that it
    was in fact old or original. And the proof that it was fake was never
    that the letters were wrong. So it's technically still accurate, if
    misleading. And certainly the picture at the top had nothing to do with
    the content of the article.

    ~mark