Re: proposal for the inclusion of the most basic outlining commands as characters

From: Kent Karlsson (kent.karlsson14@comhem.se)
Date: Tue Apr 14 2009 - 13:04:43 CDT

    See
    http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST/Ecma-048.pdf
    (fast-tracked precursor to ISO/IEC 6429:1992, Information technology --
    Control functions for coded character sets, Edition: 3;
    http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnum
    ber=12782).

    You would find interesting
    SGR - SELECT GRAPHIC RENDITION,
    FNT - FONT SELECTION,
    GCC - GRAPHIC CHARACTER COMBINATION,
    GSM - GRAPHIC SIZE MODIFICATION,
    GSS - GRAPHIC SIZE SELECTION,
    HPA - CHARACTER POSITION ABSOLUTE,
    and more.

    Like ISO 2022, ECMA/48 (ISO/IEC 6429) uses escape sequences, and also like
    ISO 2022, it is not much supported (nor do I think those escape sequences
    should be more supported).

        /kent k