Re: [Emoji] Symbols for Two-letter Codes

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Wed Apr 15 2009 - 10:26:12 CDT

    On 15 Apr 2009, at 15:51, Johannes Bergerhausen wrote:

    > The software iEmoji from SpiceLoop is currently (today) at number 13
    > in the »Top Twenty« of the Apps sold via the AppStore for the iPhone
    > by Apple, sold for 0,79 € here in Germany.

    Johannes,

    Allow me to be the first European to send you a message where the SNOW-
    CAPPED MOUNTAIN is intended to represent Croagh Patrick, the Irish
    mountain known for pilgrimage, which is right outside my home.

    Note, when you receive it, that I am not using a Japanese telecoms
    provider, and am ignorant of both the Japanese origin of this
    character, and its intended meaning in Japan.

    > There are already hundreds of thousand users outside of Asia. People
    > love to use symbols.
    >
    > There will be millions of users. Apple alone sold more than 30
    > million iPhones and iPod touchs
    > in 18 months.

    The box is well and truly open.