Re: Localizable Sentences Experiment

From: Tom Gewecke (tom@bluesky.org)
Date: Thu Apr 16 2009 - 13:17:29 CDT

    On Apr 16, 2009, at 9:41 AM, James Kass wrote:

    > In addition to testing for possible truncation, this letter serves
    > to illustrate that William Overington and I have interoperability
    > problems due to conflicting usage of P.U.A. characters. The one
    > solution to this interoperability problem that I can see would be
    > for Unicode to step in and standardize these localizable phrases.

    Failing that, one could use, for example, the existing catalogue of
    Numbered Radiograms used by amateur radio operators for
    communications when normal phone/internet links are not available.

    http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/forms/fsd3.html

    So F9001 could be ARL ONE, which is "Everyone safe here. Please
    don't worry."

    I don't know if other less specialized catalogs of numbered phrases
    might be available for use in such a system...