Re: Handling of Surrogates

From: James Cloos (cloos@jhcloos.com)
Date: Fri Apr 17 2009 - 09:29:19 CDT

    Sam> people seemed to prefer the familiarity of the Python style
    Sam> (i.e. \u and \U).

    Since you had mentioned python in the original post, I took a look at
    their docs. In python, using \uXXXX\uXXXX for surogates is explicitly
    supported.

    That said, I also prefer the perl style \x{X...} escape. With that,
    one can still use \xXX for an octet, or with braces for a UCS char.

    -JimC

    --
    James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6