Re: Which Character sets to support for kazakh cyrillic alphabet ?

From: Adam Twardoch (list.adam@twardoch.com)
Date: Wed Apr 22 2009 - 12:58:34 CDT

    William J Poser wrote:
    > I think that the term "Baltic language" is used both genetically,
    > in the sense of "member of the Baltic subgroup of Indo-European", and
    > geographically, in the sense of "language spoken in the Baltic region".
    > Here's an example of the geographic usage:
    > http://depts.washington.edu/baltic/history.html

    Of course, the page
    http://www.science.co.il/language/Character-Sets.asp
    uses terms "Central European languages" and "Cyrillic languages", so
    it's obvious that "Baltic" is not used in the sense of linguistic
    classification.

    A.

    --
    Adam Twardoch
    | Language Typography Unicode Fonts OpenType
    | twardoch.com | silesian.com | fontlab.net
    The illegal we do immediately.
    The unconstitutional takes a little longer.
    (Henry Kissinger)