Unified Canadian Aboriginal Syllabics

From: Marvin Harder (marvinharder@avataq.qc.ca)
Date: Thu Apr 30 2009 - 11:35:59 CDT

    I am working with a non-profit organization dedicated to the
    preservation of the language and culture of the Inuit of Nunavik
    (Northern Quebec, Canada). We are trying to help the people of Nunavik
    make the transition to unicode. A problem that we have encountered is
    that the characters represented in the following designations are
    identified by the people of Nunavik as specific to Nunavut (Northwest
    Territories, Canada):

    158E, 158F, 1590, 1591, 1592, 1593, 1594, 1595, and 1670

    Nunavik versions of these characters are similar to those of Nunavut
    but not the same. How do we go about requesting unicode support for
    Nunavik specific syllabic characters?

    Thanks

    --
    Marvin Harder