Re: Writing a proposal for an unusual script: SignWriting

From: André Szabolcs Szelp (a.sz.szelp@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2010 - 16:16:02 CDT

    On 2010.06.14., at 22:18, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

    >>> SignWriting has the unusual requirement of a 2 color font. One font
    >>> color for the line of the symbols and another for the fill. The fill
    >>> is needed when symbols overlap.
    >> Hmm.
    >
    > AFAIK, Unicode can't do color. I remember someone mentioning that
    > once. But someone who knows the exact rules can explain better.

    Actually, the example given by Stephen does not need a "fill color",
    but can be handled by a "ligature" glyph... given, that we _can_
    reduce the logical relations to a certain number, and not have
    arbitrary x,y-placement-coordinates. I still firmly believe this
    should be possible, but I'm not an expert of the matter, at all, and
    will be happy to be proven definitely wrong.

    /Sz