Re: statistics

From: Andrew West (andrewcwest@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2010 - 03:08:30 CDT

    2010/10/12 Janusz S. Bień <jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl>:

    >>> What is the current total? Are other statistic informations available
    >>> somewhere?
    >
    > However it does not provide the precise answer to my primary question,
    > which is not purely arithmetic but depends on the definition of the
    > character. In particular, do noncharacters belong to characters?

    The Wikipedia article on Unicode gives the current total, and explains
    what the various categories of characters are:

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode>

    I give a detailed break down of character statistics by Unicode
    version (from 1.0.0 to 6.0) at:

    <http://babelstone.blogspot.com/2005/11/how-many-unicode-characters-are-there.html>

    Andrew