Re: Telugu Unicode Encoding Review

From: Frédéric Grosshans (frederic.grosshans@m4x.org)
Date: Sun Oct 17 2010 - 07:05:25 CDT

    Le samedi 16 octobre 2010 à 22:36 +0530, Kiran Kumar Chava a écrit :
    > At the link, http://geek.chavakiran.com/archives/55 , I tried to
    > understand Telugu Unicode encoding and then I tried to do an out of
    > box review of this encoding. Kindly let me know if I am missing
    > something, mentioned as missing in above article are really missing or
    > not. Any other views...

    The 13 Telugu characters added in Unicode 5.1, including the fractions,
    are enumerated here :
    http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/Unicode-5.1/U51-0C00.pdf .

    The rationale for their inclusion are documented in
    http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n3116.pdf (which proposed 18
    characters) . I have not looked close enough to check whether the 5
    "missing" characters are linked to the one you consider as missing.

            Frédéric

    --
    Frédéric Grosshans
    Chargé de Recherche