Re: On the possibility of encoding some localizable sentences in plane 7 (from Re: On the possibility of encoding webdings in Unicode)

From: William_J_G Overington (wjgo_10009@btinternet.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2011 - 09:39:32 CST

  • Next message: John Burger: "Re: On the possibility of encoding some localizable sentences in plane 7 (from Re: On the possibility of encoding webdings in Unicode)"

    On Friday 28 January 2011, Mark E. Shoulson <mark@kli.org> wrote:

    > Keep in mind also the difficulty on the user end. It's one thing to expect me to know all the letters in my writing system, so I know which one I want to use, even if it's Chinese.  It's another to expect me to remember all the "encoded" sentences so I know *if* the sentence I want to say is even encoded.  Yes, I can search for it, but am I going to think to search if I don't know/suspect it is encoded?  It's a little high as a burden for the user.

    There could be a cascading menu system so as to help an end user find an appropriate sentence, if such an appropriate sentence is encoded.

    William Overington