Re: North Indic Fractions etc.

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Tue Jun 07 2011 - 00:19:17 CDT

    When reexperimenting with the online Unicode Set tool, I just found a
    new bug for (text/word boundaries in property values searched by
    /regexps/). See :

    (1) http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/list-unicodeset.jsp?a=\p{Block:/(?i)\blatin/}

    OK, returns data about all codepoints in a block whose name contain a
    word starting by "latin" (ignoring case). Note that \b (word boundary)
    is honored at the _begining_ of a word (here this returns all Latin
    blocks)

    (2) http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/list-unicodeset.jsp?a=\p{Block:/(?i)\blatin$/}

    BAD, should a non-empty subset ; all the above concern blocks whose
    name are TERMINATED by the "latin" word, so this should be equivalent,
    but it is not.

    (3) http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/list-unicodeset.jsp?a=\p{Block:/(?i)\blatin\b/}

    BAD, the result is empty: I just want a list in all blocks that
    contain the word "latin"

    What am I doing wrong ? I thought it was correct according to the help
    page which explains the supported text/word boundaries (^, $, and \b):
    http://cldr.unicode.org/unicode-utilities/list-unicodeset

    --Philippe.