RE: Character Identity and Font Selection

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Jun 08 2011 - 17:36:36 CDT

    IPA is not a language; it is a writing convention. The language of a text is a separate matter. If, for example, you have an IPA transcription of (say) Thai-language utterances, then a tag that identifies both the language as being Thai and the written form as being IPA would be "th-Latn-fonipa".

    Peter