Re: Character Identity and Font Selection

From: Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 19:44:11 +0530

On 2011-Jun-11 17:03, Julian Bradfield wrote:
> All my LabPhon colleagues think that detailed transcription is bogus;
> I've never seen any controlled experiments demonstrating reliable
> transcription at fine levels.

A professor friend of mine who is (in the medical field but) into
astronomy-related calculations always warns me of getting lured by the
prospect of "accurate calculations". You can't predict the location of a
celestial body more than a certain degree and even when you can, it is
largely irrelevant.

One is reminded of Data's estimate in Star Trek TNG of "felicium"
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Symbiosis_%28episode%29 where Picard says
"Data, that's enough".

--
Shriramana Sharma