RE: Original Aim of Unicode

From: William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 17:08:20 +0100 (BST)

On Thursday 16 June 2011, Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org> wrote:

> > Could not find any link with answers.
>
> Unicode home page > "The Consortium" > "Who we are"
>
> http://www.unicode.org/consortium/consort.html

That page has several mentions of Unicode Consortium and then has a copyright notice mentioning Unicode, Inc., without in any way defining the relationship between the two names, as to whether they are two different entities or two names for the same entity.

What is the situation please?

William Overington