Re: Unifon

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 09:59:14 -0700

Karl Pentzlin <karl dash pentzlin at acssoft dot de> wrote:

> Then, it seems appropriate to consider it is a script separate from
> Latin, like Lisu http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/UA4D0.pdf .
> Otherwise, we end up with a number of uppercase Latin letters
> with no lowercase counterpart. This would be a problem due to
> Unicode stability policies, which do not allow to encode a lowercase
> counterpart later for an already encoded uppercase letter.

Assuming that there is a use case to encode Unifon at all, I take this
to mean that encoding the missing (uppercase) Unifon letters as Latin
might trigger a defensive reaction to encode unattested or newly
invented lowercase equivalents. I hope this is not the effect that the
stability policy is having.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14
www.ewellic.org | www.facebook.com/doug.ewell | @DougEwell ­