Re: Code pages and Unicode (wasn't really: RE: Endangered Alphabets)

From: srivas sinnathurai <sisrivas_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 16:40:03 +0100

Doug,

First of all flat code space is the primary functionality of Unicode and not
calling for any changes to existing encodings.

What I propose is assign about 16,000 codes to code-page switching model.

Why this suggestion?
With current flat space, one code point is only allocated to one and only
one purpose.
We can run out of code space soon.

While processing the contemporary languages and other like mathamatical sym
in flat space, the 16,000 codes in the portin that is code page switchable
will be able to support 1000ands of different characters on each of the
code.
Ie, take 16 codes. with flat space only supports 16 characters. but with
code page, can support 16 differnt purposes, each with a capacity of 14
characters. that is 140 characters instead of just 10 flat characters.
Sinnathurai