Timetable for PDAM 1.2, the next PDAM (presumably PDAM 1.3), and DAM 1 of ISO/IEC 10646:2012

From: Karl Pentzlin <karl-pentzlin_at_acssoft.de>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 14:51:30 +0200

On the last SC2/WG2 meeting this June in Helsinki, according to
resolution M58.24 (see http://std.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC2/WG2/docs/n4104.pdf ),
there will be "a discussion list and teleconferencing facilities to
arrive at dispositions to ballot comments, and issuing of any PDAM ballots
(within the scope of current SC2 projects and its subdivisions), between
WG2 face to face meetings".

According to the discussions, it was intended that, due to the
eight-month distance between WG2 meetings due to the prolonged DAM/DIS
period, there is an opportunity to solve PDAM issues by the usual
commenting prcess within this interval. and to create a new edition
of the PDAM, which in turn is to be commented before the next meeting
where the outcome the disposition is progressed to DAM.

Now, we have PDAM 1.2 (L2/11-316 = SC2 N4201 (derived from WG2 N4107
http://std.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC2/WG2/docs/n4107.pdf ).
In accordance with the issues mentioned above, it states:

> Meeting held in Helsinki, Finland, 2011-06-10, this document is
> circulated to the SC 2 national bodies for a second PDAM ballot for a
> 3-month period. Please vote and comment via the Electronic balloting
> system as soon as possible but not later than 2011-10-29.

If I understand it correctly, this means:
- On 2011-10-29, all comments are collected.
- A few days later, the comments will be published on the WG2 list.
- At the same time, the discussion list starts working, and there is a
  reasonable date, maybe two weeks later, the disposition (at least
  these which are unanimous), are collected, and the editor updates
  PDAM 1.2 into a PDAM 1.3.
  A reasonable point in time for the publication of such a PDAM 1.3,
  as far as I presume, is the end of November of 2011.

Then, this PDAM is to be commented the usual way in time to the next
WG2 meeting scheduled for 2012-02-13/17 at Mountain View, CA, USA.

Thus, the commenting time for PDAM 1.3 is less than three months.
- Is this in line with the ISO rules?
- Otherwise, is it intended to squeeze the whole disposition process
  for PDAM 1.2 into two weeks, thus PDAM 1.3 can be published before
  2011-11-13 to have a three-month period until the start of the
  February meeting?

- Karl