Re: RTL PUA?

From: Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 10:23:28 +0530

On 08/22/2011 12:01 AM, Peter Constable wrote:
> If you mean a rule to substitute [g1 g2] with [g3] won't apply if the
> sequence processed by the OpenType Layout lookup processor is [g2
> g1],

Peter, actually I suspect Philippe is thinking that in the case of RTL,
the *glyphs* are placed in reverse order and then he is asking how can
the ligation take place.

While I don't know much about RTL scripts, if the logic order is ALEF +
LAMED, but the presentation order is LAMED + ALEF *because of the RTL
nature* do you write the rule as ALEF + LAMED = ALEF_LAMED_LIGATURE or
LAMED + ALEF = ALEF_LAMED_LIGATURE ?

--
Shriramana Sharma