Re: Code pages and Unicode

From: William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:06:00 +0100 (BST)

On Monday 22 August 2011, Andrew West <andrewcwest_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone think of a way to extend UTF-16 without adding new surrogates or inventing a new general category?
>
> Andrew

How about a triple sequence of two high surrogates followed by one low surrogate?

I suggest this as a solution to the problem that is posed by Andrew as I feel that it would be interesting to know if that would be possible or whether it would be forbidden due to an existing policy that has already been guaranteed to be unchangeable.

William Overington