Re: RTL PUA?

From: Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 23:00:49 +0530

On 08/22/2011 10:55 PM, Joó Ádám wrote:
> If a proper definition of an unencoded script needs additional
> properties which cannot be stored in the font anyway, why would you
> want to store part of it in OT tables? It’s just not the right place.
> Fonts’ sole purpose is to display already defined characters, not to
> define them. Tails shouldn’t be made wagging dogs.

True, but we are only trying to help those who find themselves unable to
even *display* PUA characters as RTL (or as Indic with reordering, which
can be handled by IndicMatraCategory). Since collation never cares about
whether the script is LTR or RTL or Indic (with the except of Thai etc
where the encoding is as per visual order and not logical order) the
collation data can be outside the font, since it is not needed for display.

--
Shriramana Sharma