PRI #202: Extensions to NameAliases.txt for Unicode 6.1.0

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 13:18:13 -0700

The Unicode Technical Committee has posted a new issue for public review
and comment. Details are on the following web page:

     http://www.unicode.org/review/pri202/

Review periods for the new items close on October 24, 2011.

Please see the page for links to discussion and relevant documents.
Briefly, the new issue is:

PRI #202: Extensions to NameAliases.txt for Unicode 6.1.0

The UTC is planning to extend the format and content of the Unicode
Character Database file NameAliases.txt for Unicode 6.1.0. In addition
to the current scope of NameAliases.txt, which covers the definition of
formal name aliases for characters whose names have serious mistakes in
them, the intent is to add various standard and de facto aliases for
control characters, which have no names defined for them in the Unicode
Standard, as well as various character abbreviations which are in
widespread use.

Details of the proposal and draft data file are available on the public
review issue page: http://www.unicode.org/review/pri202/

To supply feedback on this issue, see
http://www.unicode.org/review/#feedback .

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements