Re: Unicode 6.2 to Support the Turkish Lira Sign

From: Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 05:24:22 +0530

Sent from my Android phone
On May 23, 2012 4:02 AM, "Andreas Stötzner" <as_at_signographie.de> wrote:

> For the ₤ we can define EXACTLY what it is: a scriptive capital Latin L
with a double crossbar, in this very combination standing in for the term
“Lira” (derived from Latin “libra”), meaning a monetary unit of that same
name.
> Give me a likewise neat definition of the new symbol which makes sense
and I’ll go for it.

How about "vertical diameter of a circle joined with an arc of that circle
from 270 to 270+x degrees with two parallel lines of length y and slope m
positioned centred at height h on the diameter, with or without serifs"? :-)

Because to distinguish the Turkish Lira from the regular one, that kind of
definition is probably what is needed!