Re: Exact positioning of Indian Rupee symbol according to Unicode Technical Committee

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela_at_cs.tut.fi>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 17:27:05 +0300

2012-05-28 17:04, Shriramana Sharma wrote:

> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Tom Gewecke<tom_at_bluesky.org> wrote:
>> all current Apple iphones/ipads and those Mac's with OS X 10.7 (released July 2011) include font support for 20B9 Indian Rupee Sign.
>
> As do even cheap Nokia phones that came out recently.

That’s fine, but my note was about universal availability.
Technologically oriented people tend to overemphasize the newest
technology. What about the literally billions of old devices and old
software around? Their users won’t know how to type the new symbol, and
if they get data containing it, no matter how properly encoded, they
will see just a box, or a question mark, or something – at least until
they upload and install a font containing the new symbol.

Yucca