Re: Exact positioning of Indian Rupee symbol according to Unicode Technical Committee

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 20:37:14 +0200

2012/5/28 Anand Kumar Sharma <aksharma_at_cdac.in>:
> I came across one of the blog showing Rupee symbol on extreme left to
> character "1" refer this
> http://blog.foradian.com/rupee-foradian-keyboard-layout-type-the-india
> (Refer Keyboard picture)
>
> There is another way of typing Rupee symbol using ALTGr+4 which I most of
> time use on third layer of In script Keyboard

The same position as the euro, on a British keyboard ? Indian
keyboards are probably originating from the time of the British
empire, but the Euro symbol already has its life in India ; If they
want to avoid confusion, or preserve the layout used by those that
waht to continue to use the Euro symbol at the same position, AltGr+1
would probably be a better choice, even if the AltGr+4 was never
standardize by India, but only in UK (instead of the AltGR+E used in
most other European countries).

If I was in India, I would have probably used AltGr+R (unless it is
intended for mapping the Registered symbol), because it is easier to
type than AltGr+1 or even AltGr+4 with only one hand, and also works
well and faster with two hands.