RE: Preliminary proposal to encode Unifon in the UCS.

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 12:46:17 -0700

Michael Everson <everson at evertype dot com> wrote:

>> “10a. Can any of the proposed character(s) be considered to be
>> similar (in appearance or function) to an existing character?”
>> “No.”
>> I’m a little surprised. If the 2nd possibility was envisioned, isn’t
>> it because many Unifon letters are similar in appearance and often in
>> function with some capital Latin letters?
>
> I didn't bother with that in an exploratory proposal.

N4262 says the same, and so do practically all proposal forms in
response to that question, no matter how similar any of the characters
are to others in appearance or function. I think authors know it's a big
red flag if they say "Yes."

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA
http://www.ewellic.org | @DougEwell