Re: Flag tags (was: Re: Unicode 6.2 to Support the Turkish Lira Sign)

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 23:15:25 -0600

A seemingly straightforward solution to the “unambiguous mapping” problem would be to use the existing Plane 14 tag letters along with a new FLAG TAG, say at U+E0002. Then <E0002, E0043, E0048> would unequivocally denote the current Swiss flag. No need for separate lead and trail. Simple.

... What’s that? Oh, sorry, never mind. Deprecated.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA
http://www.ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­