Unicode Security Mechanisms, Version 3 Released

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 17:20:03 -0700

Version 3.0 of UTS #39, Unicode Security Mechanisms
<http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr39/> has been released by the Unicode
Consortium, together with a new version of the associated UTR #36,
Unicode Security Considerations <http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr36/>.
Because the Unicode Standard contains such a large number of characters
for the writing systems of the world, caution is necessary to avoid
exposing programs and systems to possible security attacks. These
revised documents describe security considerations for Unicode and
specify improved mechanisms for reducing the risk of problems.

Version 3.0 is a major revision. Significant changes include:

* Mixed Script Detection has extensive revisions to its specification.
* Restriction Level now has an explicitly defined process.
* Mixed Number Detection now has an explicitly defined process.
* Conformance requirements have been extended to include Restriction
Level and Mixed Number Detection.

http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr36/
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr39/

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements