Re: COMBINING OVER MARK?

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 15:39:03 +0200

In plain text, we would just use the [s|z] notation without care about
presentation & font sizes used in the rendered rich text page. It correctly
represent the intended alternation without giving more importance to one
base letter.
But it you wanted to allow plain text search with collators, you would need
to choose one as the base letter and the other one as a combining diacritic
with ignored higher-level differences, using either US English or
British/International English to fix the base letter (the other letter
would be an interlinear annotation for the second orthography, either above
or below the base letter).