Re: Mail list changes for 2014

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 00:16:50 +0100

* Rick McGowan wrote:
>At the end of the year, we will be changing the mail list server for the
>public-access mail lists, including this one. The new system will be Gnu
>"Mailman", an interface familiar to many. This should make it easier for
>users to handle their subscriptions and options in one place, via the
>web interface.

If at all possible, please make sure this does not result in people not
receiving mails they normally would, specifically mails to the list they
sent or that they are copied on. I have seen some Mailman installations
where the default is not to send mails in such cases, which confuses
mail filtering setups.