Re: Engmagate?

From: Jean-François Colson <jf_at_colson.eu>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 08:14:54 +0100

Le 13/12/13 03:24, Michael Everson a écrit :
> On 12 Dec 2013, at 22:25, Leo Broukhis <leob_at_mailcom.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmmm... As a person with Russian as the first language I can assure
>> you that from any literate Russian-speaking person's perspective
>> italic ū is an unacceptable and *WRONG* representation of п (because
>> in Russian, unlike Serbian, there is й). Should we bother disunifying?
> Italic is not plain text.

Really???
Why?

If in Gedit I choose the font “Liberation Sans Italic” (
http://colson.eu/ItalicPlainText.png ) to display a plain text, isn’t
that a plain text displayed with an italic font?
Gedit is a text editor (not a word processor) where you can choose a
font for the whole document but not for a small part of the text.