Re: Script / font support in Windows 10

From: Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 17:49:47 +0100

On Fri, 8 May 2015 14:15:55 +0000
Peter Constable <petercon_at_microsoft.com> wrote:

> I think this is the right public link:
>
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb688099.aspx

Does this confirm the intention of Microsoft that at some stage the
Universal Shaping Engine (USE) in Windows 10 will support the Tai Tham
script? In February we discovered that the USE didn't support
syllable-final SAKOT+consonant - the commonest and eponymous use of
U+1A60 TAI THAM SIGN SAKOT, which may well be the commonest character
in the Tai Tham script. For example, we can't write the name of the
city of 'Chiang Rai' in the Tai Tham script using the USE.

Richard.