Re: Script / font support in Windows 10

From: Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 21:27:18 +0100

On Fri, 8 May 2015 17:16:01 +0000
"Andrew Glass (WINDOWS)" <Andrew.Glass_at_microsoft.com> wrote:

> I agree that there is some work to be done to ensure correct display
> of Tai Tham. That work may involve changes to USE in a future update.

That's as I understood it, which I is why I was surprised by the
degree of commitment in the overview. I did wonder if the overview had
been written long ago, so its author was unaware of there being issues
with USE and Tai Tham.

For example, I got the impression that you had contemplated cloning USE
and modifying that clone for Tai Tham, so as to keep the USE simpler.
(In the meantime, it may make sense to use the USE for Tai Tham, and let
the font clean up the inappropriate dotted circles. I currently do
that for applications that use old versions of HarfBuzz.) Also, I
hadn't expected you to commit to a timetable.

Richard.