Re: Adding RAINBOW FLAG to Unicode

From: Leo Broukhis <leob_at_mailcom.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 12:33:31 -0700

Currently a sequence of regional indicator symbols is parsed
unambiguously by greedily taking pairs of RIS chars and interpreting
them as ISO 3166-1 alpha 2 codes.
If REGIONAL INDICATOR DASH and REGIONAL INDICATOR digits are added,
along with regional supplementary symbols, then sequences
<RIS><RIS><RID><RSS>*<RIS> can be parsed unambiguously as ISO 3166-2,
whereas <RIS><RSS>+<RIS> can be parsed as a named sequence signifying
a flag of a non-governmental entity (or <RIS><RSS><RIS> - as ISO
3166-1 alpha 3, and longer sequences as non-governmental).

Leo