re: a mug

From: Marcel Schneider <charupdate_at_orange.fr>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 17:26:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015, Julian Bradfield wrote:

> I feel the following mug says something about a popular topic of
> debate on this list...

As I feel concerned too, I'd like (I ♥) to underscore that the designer of this mug seems to be insulting Unicode implementers and developers.
Given the mass of popular characters that are already well rendered across platforms, and the huge sets of *new* items that are constantly adding, blaming people of not having done their job is doing no good.
And above all, regardless of personal opinions and personality of mug designers, I think that the name of UNICODE should be left aside in such messages, because linking implementation issues with Unicode's corporate image is simply dishonest.

Thank you however for the information, it's always good to know what ideas are on stage out there...

Marcel Schneider