Re: Input methods at the age of Unicode

From: Hans Aberg <haberg-1_at_telia.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 13:12:48 +0200

> On 16 Jul 2015, at 11:21, Marcel Schneider <charupdate_at_orange.fr> wrote:
>
> On 16 Jul 2015, at 10:35, Hans Aberg <haberg-1_at_telia.com> wrote:
>
> > Using Unicode helps the readability of the input file, though. One can use for example ConTeXt with LuaLaTeX, which comes with the TeX live installation.
>
> Thank you very much for these hints, I'll try to apply them.

> Now I've just downloaded the two versions of ConTEXT, which might well be the enhanced text editor I'm looking for since a while. LuaLaTeX will be very interesting too if I can edit source files with (however the bulk job is done in spreadsheet software which is Unicode; actual versions include even the UNICAR and UNICODE functions).

It is simplest to just download the whole Tex Live:
  https://www.tug.org/texlive/
There is special package for OS X.

Though large, the main distribution lives in a single directory, so it is easy to throw away.

> I'll try if ConTeXt recognizes the Kana shift states (Gedit seemingly doesn't).

It seems to depending on the font:

When trying a OS X systems Arabic font, the ligatures where broken. However, when trying Khaled Hosny's <http://www.amirifont.org/>, it seemed working.