Re: Chess symbol glyphs in code charts

From: Asmus Freytag (t) <asmus-inc_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:43:57 -0700
On 8/14/2015 1:26 PM, Garth Wallace wrote:
Would it be acceptable if I extracted the font from the code chart PDF

Extraction of chart font is never acceptable and violates the Terms of Use. No exceptions.

and used it as the basis for one in a proposal I'm working on?

For a proposal you can use any font that you have rights to.
 The
proposal covers rotated and half-black half-white chess symbols, which
should match the shapes of the existing ones, and compound symbols,
which should harmonize.

Just state what the intent is, and I'm sure the details of what the actual glyphs will be that go into future charts can be worked out.

A./