Re: Counting Codepoints

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 17:33:07 +0200

Replace U+FFFE by U+FFFD in my message (but there are applications that
also prefer using non-characters for those replacements, this is also an
additional alternative, as U+FFFE has a valid representation as well in
UTF-16). U+FFFD is not the only possible replacement even if it is
recommended (by a "best practrice", which is not a "requirement" for
conformance purpose).