RE: Latin glottal stop in ID in NWT, Canada

From: Peter Constable <petercon_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 06:40:45 +0000

The Aleutian islands are a long way from NWT.

I don't associate Tlingit with the Aleutians, and wasn't aware of an early Cyrillic orthography. But it's also not a language of NWT. It's spoken in areas near the coast. My sister lives in Carcross, which is a Tlingit village. This is hundreds of miles from NWT.

Peter

Sent from my IBM 3277/APL