Re: New Character Property for Prepended Concatenation Marks

From: Asmus Freytag (t) <asmus-inc_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 02:56:44 -0800
On 11/26/2015 2:41 AM, Philippe Verdy wrote:
However the proposal for these prepended concatenation marks does not give any hint about how to compute the extent of the following clusters above/over/below/around which they will apply (do they extend over only letters/digits, but not whitespaces or punctuation signs including abbreviation marks?

Read the core specification

For me this kind of visual interaction should be more explicitly delimited using special marks (working like invisible parentheses) : the absence of these special marks immediately after the prepended concatenation mark should mean that they will not extend after the next (non-whitespace) cluster.

Not how its done - we are not talking about adding characters, or to change how they work, but to make their documentation/description a tiny bit more systematic.

A./