RE: annotations

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 11:22:14 -0700

Ken Whistler wrote:

> The trick is this: the status of annotational data in NamesList.txt
> is different than that of normative data like the code points, names,
> formal name aliases, decomposition mappings, and standardized
> variation sequences.

I get that. I am FAR more comfortable with that type of guideline:

• the data isn't normative (at least not all of it)
• the format isn't set in stone
• don't ask for additions or changes
• caveat emptor

than with any sort of blanket statement about "don't parse this file."

I hereby promise to use NamesList.txt responsibly and with all of the
above conditions in mind. Hopefully others will too.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸