font-encoded hacks

From: Andrew Cunningham <lang.support_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 13:11:32 +1100

Considering the mess that adhoc fonts create. What is the best way forward?

Zwekabin, Mon, Zawgyi, and Zawgyi-Tai and their ilk?

Most governemt translations I am seeing in Australia for Burmese are in
Zawgyi, while most of the Sgaw Karen tramslations are routinely in legacy
8-bit fonts.

Andrew

On Friday, 7 October 2016, Ken Whistler <kenwhistler_at_att.net> wrote:
> By the way, the biggest ongoing problem we deal with here is the
continuing urge to proliferate font-encoded hacks for particular languages
and writing systems. The text interchange problems that such schemes pose
on an ongoing basis far far outweigh issues like what to do with a Shibuya
109 emoji, imo.

--
Andrew Cunningham
lang.support_at_gmail.com