Re: Wogb3 j3k3: Pre-Unicode substitutions for extended characters live on

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 12:25:27 -0600

Marcel Schneider wrote:

> I guess that Moby Latin is now being reengineered, see:
>
> http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/gaidhlig/sracan/Whacking/MobyLatinKeyboard.html#vietnamese

That's Caoimhín Ó Donnaíle's mirror of the readme file for Whacking
Latin, the UK version of Moby Latin. I don't see anything about
re-engineering it, but maybe I missed something.

> Obviously the Microsoft program used to generate will be
> KbdUTool, the Microsoft Keyboard Table Generation Tool (Unicode).

Yes, via MSKLC.

> Iʼm so glad that now what many people were waiting for,
> serial dead keys, is going to become a common feature
> on Windows.

I would be glad to see that too, but where do you see that on the
referenced page? All I see is John's original text about working around
the MSKLC limitation.

If you want to work directly with KbdUTool to get serial dead keys,
bypassing MSKLC, here is Kaplan's post from 2011 on how to do this. Be
sure to read all the warnings twice:

http://archives.miloush.net/michkap/archive/2011/04/16/10154700.html

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org